The plugin primarily allows a WordPress developer to extend its settings and functionality and integrate it into any type of site. For example, it can easily be extended to send a text message on virtually any WordPress action.
The WP SMS TWILIO CORE plugin also includes functionality to directly send a text message to any permissible number from the plugin settings page. You can use it to SMS any of your users or just for testing purposes
Here’s a list of what the plugin provides out of the box:
- Custom function to easily send SMS messages to any number (including international ones)
- Functionality to directly send a text message to any permissible number from the plugin settings page
- Hooks to add additional tabs on the plugin settings page to allow managing all SMS related settings from the same page
- Basic logging capability to keep track of up to 100 entries
- Mobile Phone User Field added to each profile (optional)
- Shorten URLs using Bit.ly or Google URL Shortener API (optional)
Extend, Contribute, Integrate
The plugin is extended by premium addons.
- Woocommerce SMS : It will send SMS to your Woocommerce store’s customers to notify them about their orders’ statuses.
- Event Espresso SMS Reminder : Itwill send SMS reminders to event attendees who register on your Event Espresso website.
- Vantage theme SMS (By Appthemes)
- Classipress SMS (By Appthemes)
- More integrations to come next.
Disclaimer: This plugin is not affiliated with or supported by Twilio, Inc. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.