Event Espresso SMS Reminder
The Event Espresso SMS Reminder plugin will allow you to send SMS reminders to event attendees who register on your website powered by the Event Espresso plugin. The plugin integrates the SMS service from Twilio, which is reasonably priced with an excellent API, via our WP Twilio Core plugin on the WordPress.org repository.
- Instant SMS to your event registrants/attendees when there is only a set number of days/hours left to start.
- Leverage the excellent Twilio API via our free WP Twilio Core plugin.
- Make sure attendees don’t miss out by sending out last minute reminders!
- Requirements: Twilio Core Plugin,Wordpress 5.0+
- Released:June 2020
After activating the Event Espresso SMS Reminder plugin, all you have to do is select the registration question for mobile number and set the number of hours or days to start of the event that the attendees must get a reminder. You can even set the message template in which you can use shortcodes to add event/user data.
Event Espresso SMS Reminder Features
- Send instant SMS to your event registrants/attendees when there is less than a set number of days/hours left to start of the event
- Select the field ID (question) in the registration form that you created to store mobile numbers
- Leverage the excellent Twilio API via our WP Twilio Core plugin
WP Twilio Core Features
- Shorten URLs using Google URL Shortener API (optional)
- Basic logging capability to keep track of up to 100 entries
- Directly send a text message to any permissible number from the admin panel for testing
Since Twilio API is a paid service, we suggest you make sure it will work for you before you purchase the plugin. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up for Twilio’s Free Trial.
Yes you can! They give a few dollars worth of credit to all trial accounts, and you can use your credit to make sure it works in your country or target market. You can choose an SMS enabled Twilio number for a start. Be mindful of the fact that trial accounts have extra restrictions, for example, you may not have a local number available in your country for yourself (but you can send global SMS anyway), you will need to verify every number you send an SMS to beforehand and the message will be prefixed with a statement saying it’s a Twilio trial account. Of course, these restrictions will be lifted when you have a paid subscription, and do not apply to the excellent dev tools you can use to send SMS or access message history for debugging or testing.
- Install WP Twilio Core.
WP Twilio core is a simple plugin to add SMS capability to your WordPress website using the Twilio API. It’s available for free from WordPress.org. We have created this plugin so developers like us can extend it and integrate Twilio with a WordPress website of any niche/type. What it will allow you to do at this point is send messages directly from your admin panel to any permissible (verified for trial accounts, remember?) number. The Event Espresso SMS Reminder plugin also depends on this plugin, so best to familiarise yourself with it before you make your purchase.
- Read the Twilio SMS FAQs.
This is another important point, especially if the above steps aren’t working for you. If you are already sending messages to your verified mobile numbers but somehow not having them delivered to you, then you may find your answer on Twilio’s SMS FAQs. Make sure your target country/market and all their network providers are supported. They have pretty much made it clear who CANNOT receive a message. In India for instance, any number on the “National Do Not Call Registry” will not receive SMS via Twilio.
There are a couple of requirements in order to use the Event Espresso SMS Reminder extension:
- You must have a verified Twilio account (free trial or paid subscription).
- You must have the WP Twilio Core WordPress plugin (free) installed (1.2.0+).
- You must be using the Event Espresso WordPress plugin (premium) on your website (4.7+).
- You must have created a Mobile Number question (text field) and made sure it appears on the registration forms.
Pick Your License
Whichever one you choose, You'll get all the Pro Features,Free Support and Updates..