- Requirements: Twilio Core Plugin
- Released:November 2021
Integrate WordPress SMS addon to Dokan plugin to send notification (Text message) to the vendor.Triggers and custom options are available.
WPSMS Dokan Addon Features
– **Vendor – When Order Status is Processing** – Send an alert to the vendor when a new order received in *Processing* status.
– **Vendor – When Order Status is Complete** – Send an alert to the vendor when a order changes to *Complete*.
WP Twilio Core Features
– Optionally shorten URLs using Bit.ly or Google URL Shortener API
– Basic logging capability to keep track of up to 100 entries
– Directly send a text message to any permissible number from the admin panel for testing
Since Twilio API is a paid service, we suggest you make sure it will work for you before you purchase the plugin. Here’s how to do it:
1. **Sign up for Twilio’s [Free Trial](https://www.twilio.com/help/faq/twilio-basics/how-does-twilios-free-trial-work).**
Yes you can! They give a few dollars worth of credit to all trial accounts, and you can use your credit to make sure it works in your country or target market. You can choose an SMS enabled Twilio number for a start. Be mindful of the fact that trial accounts have extra restrictions, for example, you may not have a local number available in your country for yourself (but you can send global SMS anyway), you will need to verify every number you send an SMS to beforehand and the message will be prefixed with a statement saying it’s a Twilio trial account. Of course, these restrictions will be lifted when you have a paid subscription, and do not apply to the excellent dev tools you can use to send SMS or access message history for debugging or testing.
2. **Install [WP Twilio Core](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-twilio-core/).**
WP Twilio core is a simple plugin to add SMS capability to your WordPress website using the Twilio API. It’s available for free from WordPress.org. We have created this plugin so developers like us can extend it and integrate Twilio with a WordPress website of any niche/type. What it will allow you to do at this point is send messages directly from your admin panel to any permissible (verified for trial accounts, remember?) number. The Event Espresso SMS Reminder plugin also depends on this plugin, so best to familiarise yourself with it before you make your purchase.
3. **Read the [Twilio SMS FAQs](https://www.twilio.com/help/faq/sms).**
This is another important point, especially if the above steps aren’t working for you. If you are already sending messages to your verified mobile numbers but somehow not having them delivered to you, then you may find your answer on Twilio’s SMS FAQs. Make sure your target country/market and all their network providers are supported. They have pretty much made it clear who CANNOT receive a message. In India for instance, any number on the “National Do Not Call Regsitry” will not receive SMS via Twilio.
There are a couple of requirements in order to use the Dokan extension:
1. You must have a verified [Twilio](https://www.twilio.com/) account (free trial or paid subscription).
2. You must have the [WP Twilio Core WordPress plugin](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-twilio-core/) (free) installed (1.2.0+).
3. You must be using Dokan plugin.
4. You must have created a Mobile Number question (text field) and made sure it appears on the registration forms.
== Installation ==
1. Install the [WP Twilio Core WordPress plugin](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-twilio-core/) from WordPress.org.
2. Download the Plugin zip file **wpsms-dokan.zip**.
3. Open **WP Admin dashboard ? Plugins ? Add new ? Upload**
Upload and activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
4. Go to **Settings** ? **Twilio** ? **Settings tab**.
5. Enter API credentials and Twilio number.
6. Make sure you already have a Mobile Number question in your registration forms.
7. Go to **Settings** ? **Twilio** ? **Dokan tab**.
8. Select the question that your users are leaving their mobile numbers against.
9. Set the notification of the orders’ statuses and the message content using the available shortcodes.
Pick Your License
Whichever one you choose, You'll get all the Pro Features,Free Support and Updates..